ShareASale offers a few options for uploading datafeeds. These are the three main options.
Manually uploading a datafeed via your Merchant account. You can do that by going to Creatives >> Datafeeds >> Upload a Datafeed. There you will need to upload a .CSV file that has been Zipped and press Upload. It can take up to 1 business day for a feed to upload.
We also offer FTP access. ShareASale's feed solutions work on a push rather than a pull basis. You can push your datafeed file to the ShareASale FTP. We will then pick up and process the file from our FTP.
If you would like to set this up, please submit a ticket to our support team and include all known IP address(es) you will be pushing the file from. We will then whitelist your IPs and provide you with FTP credentials for uploading.
There are many datafeed management companies that are aware of our datafeed requirements and can create and upload feeds for you. Some companies we are aware of but you are not limited to are Your Store Wizards, SmartFeed, Produtfeedmanager.com, GoDatafeed, Merchant Advantage, Solid Cactus, DataFeedWatch, Channel Advisor, Single Feed, Mercent Retail, FEEDGENI, Feedonomics, and ShoppingFeeder.
1. You can submit a ticket through your account by logging into ShareASale and clicking Help in the top right-hand corner.
2. Select Submit a Ticket, in the subject line please add “FTP Access for Datafeeds”. In your message please include all known IP address(es) you will be pushing the Datafeed file from.
3. We will then whitelist your IPs and provide you with FTP credentials and instructions for uploading.
1. When you log in, you will be automatically set to the folder: /merchantuploads/XXXXX/
Where XXXX is please input your Merchant ID.
2. The server address for FTP is datafeeds.shareasale.com
3. We have had some reports of trouble with Active FTP, so I would recommend that you use Passive instead.
4. Please connect to port 21.
5. Upload the file to that location. It will only let you upload one file per session, so if when testing you want to upload again, you will need to log out and log back in. No special requirements on the file name, but it must be of type .txt, .csv or .zip. If it is a zip file, the archive should contain only one file, and it should be of type .txt or .csv.
Note: file names with special characters have occasionally failed to upload, if this issue happens please rename your file to your Merchant ID and try again.
6. The system will accept up to 31 updates per month. This number may change in the future. If you experience any error codes or failures you may reach out to the ShareASale support team for review. we ask that you include the file and any error codes that were listed.
You can submit a ticket via your Merchant account in the Help section, or by emailing us at ShareASale@shareasale.com.