Getting started with affiliate marketing as an influencer
Affiliate marketing is an effective way to earn money online with little or no financial investment, or technical know-how.
All you need to have is content, an audience, and time.
If you already have content (e.g. blog, editorial, social media) and the followers or traffic but aren’t participating in affiliate marketing, it’s time to consider taking advantage of this lucrative revenue stream and create your own ShareASale account.
The good news is that, not only is it easy to get started with affiliate marketing, but you decide which brands and products to promote and share with your community.
ShareASale for influencers
By joining ShareASale, you instantly have access to thousands of advertisers, whom you can contact and discuss opportunities and features. With over 21,200+ merchants on our network and 20 years of affiliate experience, ShareASale is ready to help influencers take that first step into the world of affiliate marketing.
The ShareASale platform makes it easy for you to create tracking links that can then be added to your influencer channels. Performance KPIs like clicks, conversion rate, number of sales, and commissions are all easily accessible in your publisher account.
Within your publisher account, you’ll also gain access to key promotions from retailers, banners, and creative imagery, as well as any offer messaging or coupon codes that are available to promote.
And how can you start promoting the merchants and get access to that trackable affiliate link that helps you earn commissions?
Here are the easy steps to get started after you signed up to ShareASale:
1. Connect with the brands
- Sign up to Affiliate Programs of the merchant you want to promote
- There's no limit on how many programs you can join, but those that fit your audience will often perform better.
2. Promote to your audience.
- After joining the advertiser program, you can add Tracking links in your content and start promoting products and brands, and earn commission. With the Custom Link tool, you can generate tracking links with just a couple of clicks
- Trackable links can be added into content pieces, imagery, as well as in the descriptions and bios of social media accounts.
3. Earn commission for sales
- Any visits from your site to the merchant's site are tracked back to you and your publisher account. Within your account, you'll be able to see all of the merchants you've driven traffic for as well as sales.